Are you often emotionally and mentally unstable? Do you understand why you feel so stressed all the time? Have you experienced a sudden spur of negative emotions? Well, if you are under these certain pressures and more, perhaps you do not have that right mindset. That is correct! You are too focused on negative things that you can’t find enough reason to celebrate life. You are preoccupied with so many petty problems that you can’t be truly happy. But why is that?
Unfortunately, everything in your life happens based on the decisions you make. You experience the consequences of your actions, words, and behaviors. That is okay. It is a cycle of life that you have to live through. But please remember, not all things deserve your time, effort, and energy. Therefore, for you to have contentment and live a peaceful and happy life, you should learn how to stop giving a damn about everything.
But note, not giving a damn about things around you does not mean you should avoid and completely ignore the world. You shouldn’t use that mentality to pick on destructive behaviors carelessly. You shouldn’t allow that attitude to control your mental and emotional capabilities. Instead, you should be mindful of what you should and shouldn’t pay attention to. Here are some of the things that might help you understand.
You Don’t Need Approvals.
One significant reason why you may be having a hard time developing your overall wellness is that you consider approval all the time. You believe that other people’s appreciation matters, so you focus more on providing them reasons to like or consider you. You always feel the need of importance that you expect so much of their compliments. You desire positive feedback even if you know it doesn’t entirely help you succeed.
Honestly, there is nothing wrong with that. If that’s what makes you feel good about yourself, then you deserve all the approvals you need. However, the dangerous part of always needing approval is the possible buildup of dependence through the good and comforting words that don’t mean a thing. So how do you know you’re giving too much damn about approval? Here’s some of the list.
- You make life-changing decisions by consulting or asking people’s opinions first.
- You always feel the need to respond to other people’s good and bad comments about you despite its ineffective contribution to your daily life.
- You depend on other people’s fake compliments only to feel good about yourself.
- You pay attention to what people tell you and follow them thoroughly because you believe that is the right thing to do
- You crave to be appreciated, only not to feel alone, helpless, and worthless.
- You chase people’s approvals and push yourself to the extreme even if it does not make you happy.
Actually, there’s a lot of stuff that you can add to that list of negative mentality. However, you might be surprised how much impact does a single approval brings on your overall well-being. Consider this, the more you seek other people’s approval, the more you live in a life that doesn’t entirely belong to you.
Stay In The Present
Giving a damn about everything is genuinely exhausting because you constantly have a lot in your mind. You keep doing things repeatedly despite all of them bringing a negative impact on your mental and emotional well-being. You have to address that and give yourself a break. Live in the present moment and develop the right habits that can contribute to your overall self-improvement. Here are some of the things you can do.
- Set achievable goals that you care about. Makes sure that it is something that you can commit regularly. Practice time-management
- Focus on self-care. Pay close attention to your sleeping hours, eating habits, hydration, and physical activities.
- Stop worrying about things that are not there. Instead, learn to value the moment and start working on things that need immediate resolutions.
- Genuinely live your life according to your means. For example, don’t spend too much on things you don’t need so you wouldn’t end up selling those you have to keep.
- Limit the information you share with people around you and stop depending on their sometimes unhealthy but frequent unsolicited advice.
- Face your fears and believe that you can do it. Then, stumble and learn through your experience.
- Value your effort and always give your best no matter what
- Own your thoughts and emotions and use them to build constructive solutions to your problems
- Build emotional and mental stability and start from within. Value yourself and strive to become the best version of you
Taking a quick evaluation of what needs to be done is an essential part of emotional and mental stability. If you managed to stay in the present, you would understand the significance of being imperfect. You will realize that the complication of life has nothing to do with your ability to move forward, let it all go, and never give a damn about unimportant things.